Codicil to Will (To Add Spouse) Form
When you get married, it is important to update your will to include your new spouse, so that your new spouse is included, and to avoid unnecessary probate expenses. In order to update your will, you don't need to rewrite the entire thing. All you need to do is create a codicil (modification to the will) and specify what part of the will you would like changed so that your new spouse is included. Reference the location and the specific language you will be affecting. Be as clear and precise as possible to avoid undue complications. This form is not a substitute for legal advice. When making a codicil, it is highly recommended to seek the advice of a qualified estate planning attorney to avoid complications and assure that your codicil states your modified wishes.
- This form is FREE (why?)
- Instant download
No user comments for this document.
This form is also part of one or more other packages?
Forms in this package include:
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Codicil to Will (To Add Spouse)
- Power of Attorney (limited/specific)
- Revocation of Power of Attorney
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Change Request - To Add New Spouse
- Non-marital Cohabitation Agreement
- Quitclaim Deed to be used to convey property ownership as community property
- dave yyyy